Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello World!!

I love all things Star Wars. I have seen the movies so many times that I wouldn’t even begin to hazard a guess as to how many times I’ve watched them. I have read every single book all the way up to the New Jedi Order Series. I have played just about every single game, and for the record the games that I haven’t played I am currently in the process of acquiring a copy so that I can play them.  The comics, toys, cartoons, and just about any other kind of collectable that you can find I have seen, and at one time or the other owned, or at the very least new existed and wanted to own. A prime example is the C3PO hand that is somewhere out in the open market would make a great addition to my collection if only I knew where it was and had the money to purchase it. These are the kinds of things that make Star Wars unique. It is so much more than just a movie, or a series. It is a whole universe that captures the imagination just as much now as it did when we were kids watching it for the first time.

That brings me to the point of what this blog is about. Of course it goes without saying that it is about Star Wars, but it is much more than just Star Wars. It is about the love we all feel for this captivating universe. We all want in some way to have our own story within its confines, but since that isn’t possible we can at least meet here and share our mutual fascination with it together. A big topic that will be covered in this blog is the new MMO Star Wars the Old Republic, but fear not in the weeks and months to come we will cover ever thing from races to ships. Especially considering that the game hasn’t been released yet. All of the topics we cover will be centered on the Star Wars Universe. Some articles will be about new things some about old, but they should all be entertaining. Feel free to comment and leave any input to my articles, and if I get something wrong by all means please let me know. I love to learn new things about Star Wars.

To start out my Blog I will give you a story.
The picture you see is myself and a friend leveling our Tera Kasi Apprentices on the Planet Yavin in the Game Star Wars Galaxies.He didn’t want to be a fighter, but I convinced him that if he picked up a fighting profession and leveled it up high enough he would be able to gather his resources much more efficiently. This fact of course was true he would be able to level his profession much faster if he could safely check his resource harvesters. We immediately got some doctor buffs and headed to Yavin to kill Klikniks. I assured him that I had a plan that would allow him to level really fast. Being new to the fighting aspect of SWG he followed my lead and it lead to both of us being incapacitated. This plan taught e a big lesson and anytime I think that I might be forgetting it I always remember when we were laying there ion the weeds and he uttered his sage advice on the execution of my plan  “Good Plan Dip shit!”

With that in mind come with me I look forward to traveling through a Galaxy Far Far Away with you. Hopefully you will learn something you didn’t know, and at the very least we can all share in our love of Star Wars together.

Thraken Dar                                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment